SharePoint 2016 Business Intelligence
55157AC (Class Pack)
Course Duration: 3 Days
About This Course
This course covers the services and features in SharePoint that offer support for Business Intelligence scenarios.
This course is intended for information workers and business intelligence analysists who have a minimum of three months experience using SharePoint sites, lists, and libraries and have basic Web navigation skills.
At Course Completion
- Learn to configure SharePoint sites for business intelligence
- Learn to configure and use SharePoint Excel Services
- Learn to configure and use SharePoint Visio Services
- Learn to configure and use the PowerPivot add-on for SharePoint
- Learn to configure and use Power View in SharePoint
- Lean to configure and use the PowerPivot add-on for SharePoint
- Learn to configure and use the Reporting Services add-on for SharePoint
- Learn to configure and use PerformancePoint in SharePoint
- Learn the basics of Power BI and how it fits with SharePoint
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint navigation and functionality.
- Basic knowledge of data modeling would be helpful but not required for students in this course.
Module 1: Overview of SharePoint Business Intelligence Services and Features
This module provides an overview of SharePoint Business Intelligence Services and features.
- SharePoint BI Services
- SharePoint BI Features
Lab 1: None
- Understand what services and features are offered.
Module 2: Configuring SharePoint Sites for Business Intelligence
This module explains how to configure an existing team site for BI.
- SharePoint Business Intelligence Site Template
- Configuring an Existing SharePoint Team Site for Business Intelligence
Lab 1: Configuring SharePoint Team Site for Business Intelligence
- Configuring SharePoint Team Site for Business Intelligence
- Configure an existing SharePoint Team Site for Business Intelligence.
Module 3: Excel Services in SharePoint
This module explains how to use Excel Services.
- Viewing Excel Spreadsheets with SharePoint Excel Services
- Using SharePoint Excel Services Web Part
- Basic Excel Services Farm Configuration Options
- Refreshing Data Sources with SharePoint Excel Services
Lab 1: Configuring Excel Services Farm Options
- Configuring Excel Services Farm Options
Lab 2: Refreshing Data with Excel Services
- Refreshing Data with Excel Services
- View Excel sheet with SharePoint Excel Services.
- Use Excel Services Web Part.
- Configure basic Excel services.
- Refresh data sources.
Module 4: Visio Services in SharePoint
This module explains how to use Visio Services.
- Configuring Visio Services Farm Settings
- View Visio Drawings with SharePoint Visio Services
- Attaching Data to Visio Drawings
Lab 1: Using SharePoint Visio Services
- Using SharePoint Visio Services
- Configure Visio services.
- View Visio drawings.
- Attach data to drawings.
Module 5: SharePoint PowerPivot Add-on
This module explains how to work with PowerPivot Models, Farm Settings, and Gallery.
- Overview of PowerPivot Data Models
- Configuring PowerPivot Farm Settings
- Creating a PowerPivot Gallery
- PowerPivot Data Refresh Options
Lab 1: Configuring PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Configuring PowerPivot for SharePoint
Lab 2: Refreshing Data from a PowerPivot Gallery
- Refreshing Data from a PowerPivot Gallery
- Configure PowerPivot Farm settings.
- Create a PowerPivot Gallery.
- Use data refresh options.
Module 6: SharePoint Power View Feature
This module explains how to work with Power View.
- Overview of Power View in SharePoint
- Configuring Data Sources for Power View Reports
- Creating Power View Reports
Lab 1: Creating a Report with Power View
- Creating a Report with Power View
- Configure data sources.
- Create Power View repots.
Module 7: SQL Reporting Services Add-on for SharePoint
This module explains how to work with Reporting Services for SharePoint.
- Configuring Reporting Services Farm Settings
- Configuring a SharePoint Library for Reporting Services Reports
- Reporting Services Subscriptions and Alerts
- Report Viewer Web Part
Lab 1: Adding Reporting Services Reports to a SharePoint Library
- Adding Reporting Services Reports to a SharePoint Library
Lab 2: Configuring Subscriptions and Alerts to Reports
- Configuring Subscriptions and Alerts to Reports
- Configure Reporting Services Farm Settings.
- Configure a SharePoint Library.
- Work with subscriptions and alerts.
- Work with Viewer Web Part.
Module 8: SharePoint PerformancePoint Services
This module explains how to work with PerformancePoint Services.
- Overview of PerformancePoint Services
- Configuring SharePoint Lists and Libraries for PerformancePoint
- Creating a Data Source
- Creating a Score Card and KPI
- Creating PerformancePoint Charts and Graphs
- Creating PerformancePoint Dashboards
Lab 1: Configuring a SharePoint Site for PerformancePoint
- Configuring a SharePoint Site for PerformancePoint
Lab 2: Create a PerformancePoint Dashboard
- Create a PerformancePoint Dashboard
- Configure lists and libraries for PerformancePoint.
- Create a data source.
- Create a score card and KPI.
- Create PerformancePoint charts and graphs.
Module 9: Power BI
This module explains how work with Power BI.
- Overview of Power BI
- How Power BI fits with SharePoint
Lab 1: Working with Power BI
- Working with Power BI
- Work with Power BI.