Administering and Maintaining Windows 7
50292CC (Class Pack)
Course Duration: 5 Days
About This Course
At Course Completion
- Use the Windows 7 deployment technology.
- Configure and manage the Windows 7 desktop.
- Add a Windows 7 desktop to an active network.
- Configure Windows 7 for an Active Directory environment.
- Configure the Windows 7 IT Pro tools and applications.
- Use Windows 7 remote capabilities and utilities.
- Use Windows firewall with advanced features and network profiles.
- Configure Windows 7 remote access and remote capabilities.
- Use the Windows 7 Mobility Center.
- Secure the Windows 7 desktop.
- Configure and use the User account control in various network profiles.
- Configure Windows 7 third-party applications.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Windows 7 computers for problems with the operating system, hardware, network security, and applications.
- Familiarity with computer hardware and devices, such as the ability to look into Device Manager and look for unsupported devices
- Experience supporting previous versions of the Windows operating system
- Basic TCP/IP knowledge, such as knowing why you need to have a valid IP address
- Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge, such as knowledge about domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership